TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
- DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“CBR Conduct Costs Project”||means Centre for Banking Research Conduct Costs Project, a project owned by the Centre for Banking Research at the Business School (formerly Cass), City University of London, and supported by the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association.|
|“Content”||means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;|
|“Service”||means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that CBR Conduct Costs Project makes available through the Website either now or in the future;|
|“System”||means any online communications infrastructure that CBR Conduct Costs Project makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;|
|“User” / “Users”||means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by CBR Conduct Costs Project and acting in the course of their employment;|
|“Website”||means the website that you are currently using (http://www.cbrconductcosts.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- CHANGES TO THIS WEBSITE
- CBR Conduct Costs Project may update this Website from time to time and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on this Website may be out of date at any given time, and CBR Conduct Costs Project is under no obligation to update it.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project does not guarantee that this Website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions
- ACCESSING OUR SITE
- This Website is made available free of charge.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project does not guarantee that this Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis. CBR Conduct Costs Project may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of this Website without notice. CBR Conduct Costs Project will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to this Website.
- YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- CBR Conduct Costs Project is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on this Website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on this Website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on this Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
- The content on this Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this Website.
- Although CBR Conduct Costs Project makes reasonable efforts to update the information on this Website, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
- To the extent permitted by law, CBR Conduct Costs Project excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to this Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, this Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on this Website.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, CBR Conduct Costs Project will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that CBR Conduct Costs Project only provides this Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use this Website for any commercial or business purposes, and CBR Conduct Costs Project has no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on this Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by CBR Conduct Costs Project of those linked websites. CBR Conduct Costs Project will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal
- USE OF COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES AND CONTENT SUBMISSION
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload Content to this Website, or to make contact with other users of this Website, you must comply with the following content standards:
- you must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- you must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- you must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- it is advised that posts on message boards, chat facilities or similar and communications with CBR Conduct Costs Project are made using the English language(s) as CBR Conduct Costs Project may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- Content submissions are required to be made using the English language(s). Content in any other language may be removed at CBR Conduct Costs Project’s sole discretion;
- you must not post links to other websites containing any of the above types of Content;
- you must not engage in any form of commercial advertising. This does not prohibit references to businesses for non-promotional purposes including references where advertising may be incidental;
- you must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of CBR Conduct Costs Project or our affiliates;
- you must not submit material that may contain viruses or any other software or instructions that may damage or disrupt other software, computer hardware or communications networks; and
- you must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- You warrant that any such Content or contribution does comply with the above standards, and you will be liable to CBR Conduct Costs Project and indemnify it for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage CBR Conduct Costs Project suffers as a result of your breach of warranty.
- You acknowledge that the views expressed by other users on this Website do not represent CBR Conduct Costs Project’s views or values and that CBR Conduct Costs Project reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to it or using its System.
- any information you submit is accurate and truthful; and
- you will keep this information accurate and up to date.
- By submitting Content you warrant and represent that you are the author of such Content or that you have acquired all of the appropriate rights and / or permissions to use the Content in this fashion. CBR Conduct Costs Project accepts no responsibility or liability for any infringement of third-party rights by such Content. Further, you waive all moral rights in the Content to be named as its author and grant CBR Conduct Costs Project a perpetual licence to modify the Content as necessary for its inclusion on the Website.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project will not be liable in any way or under any circumstances for any loss or damage that you may incur as a result of such Content, nor for any errors or omissions in the Content. Use of and reliance upon such Content is entirely at your own risk.
- Unless a User informs CBR Conduct Costs Project otherwise, in advance of posting, in writing, and it agrees to any terms or restrictions, all Content will be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary and is submitted for publication on this Website and other such uses as CBR Conduct Costs Project may deem appropriate on a royalty-free, perpetual basis.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project does not screen Content submitted by Users prior to appearing online. CBR Conduct Costs Project retains the right to exercise its sole discretion to remove or relocate any Content as it deems appropriate without the consent of the author. CBR Conduct Costs Project shall be under no obligation to exercise such discretion. If you wish to enquire as to the removal of Content, please submit your query to email@example.com. This does not constitute an undertaking by CBR Conduct Costs Project to explain its actions.
- You acknowledge that CBR Conduct Costs Project may retain copies of any and all communications made to it or using its System.
- TERMINATION AND/OR SUSPENSION
In the event that any of the provisions of the above section (Use of Communications Facilities and Content Submission), are not followed, CBR Conduct Costs Project reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Service. Any Users banned in this way must not attempt to use this Website under any other name or by using the access credentials of another User, with or without the permission of that User.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project does not guarantee that this Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access this Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse this Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this Website, the server on which this Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to this Website. You must not attack this Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. CBR Conduct Costs Project will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this Website will cease immediately.
- LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
- You may link to the CBR Conduct Costs Project home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on CBR Conduct Costs Project’s part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to this Website in any website that is not owned by you.
- This Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of this Website other than the home page.
- CBR Conduct Costs Project reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content standards set out at Clause 9 above.
If you wish to make any use of content on this Website other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of CBR Conduct Costs Project or that of our affiliates. CBR Conduct Costs Project assumes no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaims liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website is for your information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- NO WAIVER
In the event that any party to these Terms of Website Use fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- PREVIOUS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In the event of any conflict between these Terms of Website Use and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms of Website Use shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Nothing in these Terms of Website Use shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms of Website Use is between you and CBR Conduct Costs Project.
- APPLICABLE LAW
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our Website.